Tuesday, June 24, 2003

the crazy she just float right out of me

So I was glad to finally find the phrase that my brother uses so much on his site. When I did, I could totally relate. One of the fun things about my life is that I believe in insanity. Being washed on the crazy cycle is one of the pleasures for me and my friends that allow times to be okay. It makes me sad when my friends live in the crazy cycle and never move on to the spin cycle and then the buzzers go off and someone pulls you out (sorry,my mind likes to stretch metaphors as far as it can.) I find that when I do what I am supposed to do, the crazy floats right out of me and there is not a crazy cycle for me. I don't even get in the washing machine. I just get to enjoy life,ie watching the kittens climb trees or the smokers deliberate the world on the coffeeshop porch. Unfortunately, sometimes I watch my friends go round and round in the crazy cycle when I go and visit the laudry mat. One day, I will be the person to pull them out when the buzzer goes off and I will be returning the favor of the person who pulled me out. But until then,. . .

My favorite way to let the crazy float out of me is by laying in the sun. I don't know what I like more water or sunlight. I really like the combination. I think I was meant to have a beach house. When I am in the sun, everything goes away and I can read or float or love or talk or do just about anything and be okay with me. Sometimes, when I am in the lake or a pool and I am in the sun, is when I focus the most and it's like I am hanging out with God and nothing malicious can occur. Perfection. I think that is why Graff takes Ender to the lake. Perfection. Insanity is rough. I see why those washed on the normal cycle get so much more done. I think that I would get all kinds of things in life accomplished if I felt the way I do when I am at the pool with my girlfriends. Sun and fun makes the crazy go away. Actually, just God makes the crazy go away. I guess sun and fun is just one of the ways I feel Him.

When I grow up,. . .yes I am still working on this. . .I will have a house on the beach. I will. . .and the crazy. . .she will be gone.

No comments: