Tuesday, January 06, 2009


I am a huge Grey's Anatomy fan. Every time they showed the trailor for this film in Grey's, it made me want to see it. Then it came and went and never saw it in the theatre. Then it came and went and never rented it. Then out of no where, it was in the $5 bin at Walmart and I bought it. I watched it. And then I realized why I never saw it in the theatre or rented it! I love Kathryn Heigl. She is so good on Grey's. Her transition to film is a take what you can get kinda thing. This movie is like a "hey I am in movies now" kinda piece. Don't get me wrong, it is cute, but predictable. She does her work well, it is just a silly movie. I think what I dislike the most is that the costuming was horrible. They put this beautiful tall supermodel in Meg Ryan clothes. She doesn't fit in Meg Ryan clothes. She is TALL. What's worse is that she was taller than her love interest. Over and over it was aweful. Her humor is great. Her acting is the part she play in Grey's which is what most people want to see. But the movie, not so much. It is a once in a while watch. Maybe close to a one time is enough. At least I made it all the way through. Some movies don't even make it that far! It does have a feel good notion to it. Girl meets boy, doesn't like boy, is the obvious choice for her. Girl finally gets it that he is the boy for her. Woohoo. Feel good. That's about all there is to it. Is it worth $5? Yeah, I guess so. I will probably watch it again one day, just not any time soon.

No comments: