Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I have had a lot of allergies in my life. When I was little: whole milk. I would drink whole milk and break out. Mom thought it might have been the froot loops: boy was I glad it was the milk. I mean really can you imagine being a kid without froot loops? Anyway, then when we moved to GA, I was being babysat by the McKinnises and they had a very large hill to roll down. My brother and I rolled down that hill a lot for one day. I came home with a rash. Carter, not so much. So now we know I am allergic to whole milk and grass. That was about it...

Carter on the other hand, would come home from school with migranes as a result of allergies. Ever seen a cute little boy with a migrane? vomitting on the bus? It is pretty sad. All because of allergies. Dad has allergies too. AND I can remember going with my Grandmother when I was little to the doctor because she had to have shots, her allergies were so bad.

Outside of the milk *which I grew out of* and the grass *which I never rolled down a hill again so..* I really have never faced any true full blown omg allergies. Then I became an adult.

Turns out that I am allergic to alcohol and cigarette smoke. Which for those of you who are new, I had a serious bout of intoxication for about six years and smoked for...nine almost ten years *two packs a day, preferably* Turns out my system can't really take either of them. Now that there is no alcohol or cigarettes, I found this nice man who graciously married me and we live on this farm. Now, I don't know what I am allergic to, but these are the possibilities:

hay, dogs, cows, grass, mold, mildew, random bush outside of window, magnolias, my husband, down pillows, old mattress, down comfortor, ants, bees, wasps, spiders, tide, smell good spray i got for bday...I could go on, but these are the ones that are so present they make me sneeze.

I have been taking good over the counter drugs. But like all otc drugs, I have built a tolerance to them. I went to the doc last week, she gave me samples of not so otc drugs until we found out what works. Yeah, not the samples. If I mix the samples with the otc things get better, but not either drug separately. Why am I blogging about my snottiness you wonder?

I am scheduled to see an allergist tomorrow. The allergist said no meds for three days prior to visit. In case you are wondering: my eyes are leaking, itching, burning; my head is splitting, my nose is sneezing. I WANT MY DRUGS.

Tomorrow we will know exactly what is ringing my bell. Until then, I whine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope you can find out what's ailing you! Them's lots of possibilities thar.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaa!!! Montgomery has gotten to you already! THAR! HAhahahahaa!

--Rae