Sunday, February 11, 2007

One pup, two pup
Red pup, blue pup....

They are slowly but surely going away. It is really sad. I am very grateful that they are not going away the bad way which would be via coyote or hawk. They are going to good homes AND one of them is mine. John gave into me keeping one pup. Rocky. He is not the brightest one, that would be Jill which Mom and Dad got, but he is the best farm pup. He waits on us to get home. He doesn't mess with the Red Dog (turns out that red dog is really not red at all, he is a black mouth cur, but whatever). He follows on John's heel wherever he goes AND he sits in my lap to sleep.

And then there were two: Wolfman Jack and Mikey. Mikey will make a great guy dog. Bachelor household. And Jack would make a good family dog. They are mine right now, but God is finding them others who want them.

Mom said when she left today that it was sad her taking a pup. It is sad, but it is so relieving. I was most afraid that Jill would get eaten because she was the most adorable and playful and thus most exposed to being eaten. My tears today were mixed for her to be gone from our farm, but to be well taken care of and for the knowledge that she would live. Relief is a powerful feeling. The boys I don't worry nearly about. I am glad we are down to two. BUt my guess is that my heart will break again when I give them away. It is just one of those things. My Mom cried for six months after I went to college. So I will cry for a half hour after each pup. At least I get to visit Jill.

No comments: