Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cast me gently into morning...

So finally, this weekend, I slept. I didn’t think I would ever rest. There was no work. There were no people from work. There was nothing work related in the least. This morning I woke up beautiful and refreshed. More was done today than ever in the Marketing Department. I love feeling good.

Friday night was dinner at Milton’s house. We had some type of pork and sweet potatoes and apples. It was delectable. There were crescent roles and salad. It was John’s turn to cook because I cooked last Friday, but he cheated because the dish was left by someone and all he did was reheat the food. I actually boiled the shrimp and cooked the chicken and rice.

The weekend was delightful. The trees are all bursting with color. The peak weekend is on its way. John and I went yard sale-ing. With his new job came a new office. It is totally sleek and urban with that touch of mountain feel. We went to see if there was any office furniture in the sales. We ended up with no office furniture, but tons of winter clothes for Iris for five dollars! I love yard sales. Our friend Tony pal-ed around with us too and he got a couple of good books for fifty cents! Did I mention that I love yard sales? I think I get it from my Papa. He loves yard sales too.

Then Saturday night we ate yummy dessert and coffee at the Nachoochee Grill. Mmmm. Butterscotch brownies and ice cream and high dollar coffee. Sunday was a fairly lazy day. There were no children in the nursery so I sat for the adult Sunday school class which meets for the first hour in the same space. They are studying “The Purpose Driven Life” which is about enhancing your spiritual walk with God via the author’s suggestions. Most of the people here in my office have read and done the book and many outside of the office that I know too. Just being an outsider looking in to the class, I am not impressed. It teaches similar values to those I have already learned in the past several years, so I just listened; then, no kids for big church, so I went home. The afternoon was filled with movies and cleaning and art renderings and the like. Very peaceful.

No comments: