Thursday, November 06, 2008

There is something so uplifting when someone tells you they want to spend time with you.

I have been on cloud nine today because a girl that is a part of a group of girls who I eat lunch with was so excited to see me today. She was so excited that on Monday, for the Fit Camp *exercise class* that I got to, she and four other chicas would be there with me: there would be a total of 6 of us. Us? She put me in the Us category. Who would guess that I would be a part of Us?

Then in the mail, I recieved a letter from the Vice President of Academic Affairs at the college stating that I had been nominated by a faculty member to be in "Who's Who" of the college. ME? Are you sure you don't mean Carter? I mean me? I am not really a Who, I am more of a Grinch on any given day....

Then there is there is that feeling that comes with being included, with being nominated for anything. It makes me happy. It makes me want to be the person that they seem to think I am even more than I already am. It makes me want to be confident, but not overbearing. It makes me want to make good grades. It makes me want to answer questions in class. It makes me want to be the first done with the quiz in class today and know when I am done that I maybe missed something on it, but not enough to matter (I missed 1/2 a point, btw). It makes me want to build a study group for finals. It makes me want to go to the gym or run. It make me want to be Me.

Do you know how long it has been since I have even remotely wanted to be Me? I have wanted to be many people, but never myself. It wasn't so long ago that I started to like parts of me. I like that I blog, scrapbook, play scramble with my Mom & Dad, paint my toes when I want to and I strive daily to be the person God wants me to be. But there are still those things...those things that mmmm...are not so pretty or good or right yet. For some reason, someone saying they want to hang out with me and not just part of me, but all of me, makes me want to be Me even more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd hang out with you if I lived there darn it!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. You are a wonderful person!! I don't know how you cannot know that!

Love,
Mom

Joanie said...

Ummmm I told you awhile ago that I'd like to hang out with you when you're down near the big Atl... :-)