Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth!

Don't buy a fifth on the third for the fourth.

In celebration of all those have an opinion about politics, religion or any other damn thing they want to opinionate about, have a great day honoring the country you live in that gives you that right to be opinionated. I celebrated mostly on Saturday at Lake Burton. There were fireworks that were better than any other fireworks in the country up there, in my opinion. There was a bag pipe player who while we were waiting on the display to begin played America the Beautiful and everyone cheered. Then there was a million dollar home that played Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland and everyone stopped and looked stupid because everyone thought that was the theme for the Olympics, why would they play that for the Fourth of July display? Uneducated rats. I should have jumped off the boat. I was the only person on our boat who knew why that piece was significant. No one else could even identify it as the Olympic Theme. I felt different from all of them and was ready to go hangout with my study partner from ASC who we both laughed out loud when our professor played Rodeo as the first piece on our final exam. Beef its whats for dinner. It takes a special person to laugh at a music because we know what it is not because we studied but because it is a basis for our very being. Music flows in every ounce of my body. I hate silence, unless it is scored that way. Play me something that will make my heart rise in my chest and make me proud. Play me something that makes me feel like I am soaring on clouds. Play me something that makes me cry. Play me something that makes me laugh out loud. Play me something that makes me sing, with my windows down, sun on my face and moves me from this earth elsewhere.

Anyone who does not have something like that in their life is missing out on life, in my opinion. My parents are players and conductors of music. My brother is a singer. I am a listner, for now. I used to be a player. I used to be so moved when I played something well. Although, as soon as I get a piano again, I will too participate in that music. John & I are going to look for one today. I think music is one of the best things my parents gave me. That and an intimate look at faith. Turns out the two are intertwined.

Listen to your favorite American musician today. That's the best way to celebrate the Fourth of July, in my opinion. God Bless America.

No comments: