Wednesday, March 04, 2009


Okay, so this one took a long time fo rme to watch. I skipped over American Psycho because it is a bad movie and was about to skip Anne too because it is a long movie and then...and then, I got sick. Whenever I am sick for sure, PBS has Anne of Green Gables on tv. So I didn't ACTUally watch the movie I own, rather the tv, but whatever. I watched both Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea which I own both. Did I mention that I LOVE ANNE? Well I do. So this review is slightly useless because everything I think is that it is awesome and great and perfect for every little girl who has ever had an imagination, felt a little different and wants to overcome. Anne of Green Gables is the epitome of family movie. Unfortunately, it is 8 hours long. Anne of Avonlea is also amazing, but also 8 hours. So if you want to watch it from end to end, then you are talking 16 hours. The only time I am able to sit still for 16 hours these days is when I am sick. And I am sick. I was so glad it was on tv. Made me feel like I was at home with Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rae,

Thank you for your post. My wife and I are big Anne fans as well and also have the largest selection of Anne collectibles online.

I am note sure about the PBS air time but the the running time of the the Sullivan movies are as follows:
Anne of Green Gables 195 minutes

Anne of Green Gables - The Sequel (Anne of Avonlea) 232 minutes

Anne of Green Gables - The Continuing Story 185 mintues

Anne of Green Gables - A New Beginning 144 minutes

The 3rd one takes a dramatic departure from L. M Montgomy's epic 8 part series of novels.

As a P. E. Islander and Anne fan I was not to happy with one of Barbra Hershey's lines in this last one and found her performance to be a long, far cry from Megan Follows.

Have a great day.
Jason
Island Spirit PEI