Saturday, June 30, 2007

I have never been as overwhelmed with work and hospitals as I was this week. On Monday John and I planned to go see Martha Jean at Northside as she had a scheduled surgery. Then over the weekend my pal Nicky managed to land on his head in the water and lost feeling in most of his extremities which incurred another surgery. Just for kicks my boss decided to have a heartattack. So in twenty four hours on Monday flowing into Tuesday, John and I were at three hospitals, which if your curious as to how that happens at the farm, it means LOTS of driving. We drove to Gainesville. We drove to Atlanta. We drove to Athens. In 24 hours. Monday was almost an 24-hour awake day as we were at Gainesville until four in the morning. That is hard on a body that is almost 31 years old. I used to do it all the time without batting an eye, but it crushed me this week. I am still tired. Well, not so much today. I was tired until yesterday. Then all week was work until 7 or 730 pm. whew. I didn't think I was going to make it to Saturday. Turns out that all three people are sorta okay. Mama Jean is home. Nicky is home and has feeling back. My boss...well my boss is crazy so I don't know that he will ever be okay. Yes, he knows I think he's crazy. This is not news to anyone. I took my job knowing how crazy he was!

I am excited today because John and I have been invited to fireworks. Not just any fireworks, Lake Burton fireworks. I know that Lenox Mall thinks they have it going on with fireworks, but Lake Burton has twice as much money as Lenox and the only thing they spend it on is the fireworks which makes it spectacular. The keenest part is that you are on a boat in the middle of a lake surrounded by mountains. This means that when the cannons fire there is an echo. When the explosions blow, there is an echo. You kind of feel like you are in a steel drum and someone is banging on all sides of it at one time. It is so cool! I can't wait. I even have a new patriotic broach to wear for icing on the cake.

Here at the farm not much is going on. Mikey ate a frog. Swallowed it whole and it made him sick. Really sick. John says that the dogs get high off the skin of the frog kind of like cats and nip. I thought he was nuts. I gave Mikey a little pepto with some food to make him not so sick. Baby has twisted her front leg. It is not broken, just spraned. She has been pretty settled this week as opposed to chasing rabbits and coyotes. When the storm came up though they both ran in the mud room. John even let them stay in there over night they were so pitiful. We have a baby calf that has no mama. She has to be bottle fed which is very funny. She hollers at the top of her lungs when she sees us comin and then drains a bottle like a drunk under Cheshire Bridge. Then she just stands there like whew, didn't think yall were ever going to get here. She then says thank you and goes back to the herd. Funny animals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, You will be 31 VERY soon. Like tomorrow!!!

Love you! And Happy Birthday a little early.
Mom